Sunday, September 23, 2012

China Glaze On Safari and Darling Diva Polish Water Marble

Hi Everyone!

Today I have another water marble for you.  This time, the marbling itself turned out a lot better, however the mani as a whole still didn't turn out as I wanted.  I started out with a white base of China Glaze White on White, then used Exotic Encounter, Purr-fect Plum, and Jungle Queen from the China Glaze On Safari Collection and Space Beetle from indie brand Darling Diva Polish.  The On Safari polishes are all deep fall-esqe colors and Space Beetle is a charcoal duochrome holo.

L to R: Purr-fect Plum, Jungle Queen, Exotic Encounters, Space Beetle

I thought being from the same collection these colors would work well together, but after marbling the colors we a little off.  Jungle Queen looked especially different as the grey tones in it took over after being marbled. I seem to have a common theme of accidentally making my water marbles look like candy canes; last time the pink, purple, and white ended up looking like a peppermint candy cane, and THIS time my boyfriend said the colors looked like the mint chocolate candy canes.


Another friend said they looked retro, which is a little better but still not what I was going for.  Sigh.  Still, It wasn't as bad as as last time, and I still really like the idea of using one shimmer color in the marble, maybe just one with a darker pigmented base next time.  So here you go!

RT Hand - White Light

RT Hand - Flash

LT Hand - White Light (Jungle Queen was really grey on this hand)

LT Hand - Flash

And here are some macros of my favorite fingers :)

RT Ring Finger

LT Ring Finger

LT Middle Finger

You can purchase Darling Diva Polish on Etsy, all her polishes are beautiful and readily available!  She has recently launched her Halloween Collection and you can also follow her on Facebook for updates on new colors and giveaways!

Thanks for reading!
XO
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment