Sunday, July 29, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons Gradient

Hello everyone!

I know you've all already seen swatches of the Summer Neon collection from China Glaze, but get ready for some more eye-searing neon goodness from today's post.  I originally wasn't planning on getting the yellow from the collection, but when I saw it in person I know I had to have it.

 I'd been wanting to try a gradient for a while, and I thought the bright, creamy, and opaque formula of the Summer Neons would give good results.   I used one coat of Sun-Kissed (no white undies needed with these neons), then used THIS flawless tutorial from the Nailasaurus to apply Splish Splash and achieve the gradient.  The whole thing was suprisingly easy and quick (for nail art) and even my boyfriend was impressed with the results.  I will definitely be doing more gradients in the future.  Also, the subtle shimmer in these neons really came out to play after being sponged on :)

As a side note before we get to the pictures, I've been trying out the Seche Vite topcoat instead of my go-to China Glaze Fast Forward, and honestly, I'm not sure if I like it.  I know a lot of bloggers swear by it, but it kind of shrinks on my nails, and sometimes it made the polish peel back on my nails.  What?  I love how fast it dries and how smooth it is, but this weird peeling/shrinking nonsense is kind of a deal breaker.  Also, it's not 3-free.  Hmmmm.  What is your experience with Seche Vite like? I used one coat of Seche Vite with the photos below.


Flash

White Light

Macro  - Flash (that shimmer! -swoon-)


Aaaaaaaand, the rare Left Hand! 

Flash



Splish Splash turned out a little lighter on my left hand, so I wanted to include it as well.  What do you think? Do you like the lighter or darker blue better?  Wow, I am just full of questions for you today!

Thanks for reading!

XO
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment